Many Americans have been to the hospital in an emergency, or for a procedure, only to get a huge bill after because a doctor treating them doesn’t take their insurance. Republicans and Democrats have reached agreement on legislation to ban so-called surprise billing. CQ Roll Call reporter Mary Ellen McIntire joins the podcast to explain the likely outcome of this bill. Claire McAndrew, Director of Campaigns and Partnerships at FamiliesUSA, which advocates for health care consumers, also joins the show.
- Amid impeachment saga, a kitchen sink of legislative dealing
- Ways and Means offers its own plan on surprise medical bills
- Surprise billing fight highlights hurdles for bolder health care changes
- Air ambulance services face scrutiny over surprise billing issues
- Trump calls for end to surprise out-of-network medical bills
Get breaking news alerts and more from Roll Call on your iPhone.